Friday 10 May 2013

Aussie Products Review

For a good few years now I have always found my self going back to Aussie products. I don't know whether its the smell or the way they work but for me, they always come out on top as an all rounder brand that works on my hair. The two main products I'm using right now are the 'Miracle Insurance Leave-In-Conditioner' and the 'Dual personality volume and gloss hairspray'. I have also used the shampoo and conditioners in past and been impressed.
Dual Personality Hairspray - £3-£4 / Leave in conditioner £4.49
The hairspray smells lovely and fruity and produces a good firm hold for your hair. As hairsprays go, it is pretty standard but you can buy different variations also which I think is a selling point - they offer different types (such as volume or shine) and different strengths of hold, so there is something for everyone. 

For me, however the leave-in-conditioner is slowly becoming one of my all time hair products. Not only does it leave my hair feel soft (I sometimes leave it on over night to encourage growth and repair) but this product smells divine. The one I use 'protects and detangles' and is infused with jojoba seed oil. It also doesn't include mineral oil, which is a bonus as I have been trying to avoid using products with that it lately after reading posts like this.

I think with Aussie products is all depends on what type of hair you have, as a lot of the products promise to 'nourish and repair' so people with glossy or naturally greasy hair may find these products too overwhelming. 
If you don't like the Aussie brand smell - avoid at all costs, but if that's a selling point you won't be disappointing. 
Professional Hairdresser Laura-Jane Cahill told me, "Aussie products are a great affordable range you can use at home. I've used them from time to time, and find the leave in conditioning treatments really nourishing.
As with any hair product I wouldn't recommend using for too much of a prolonged period - try and interchange with other products so your hair doesn't get used to the same one."
As someone with naturally dry hair any products that offer a nourishing and enriching hair treatment will reel me in. I also like the Tigi Bed Head 'treat me right' hair mask which has a unique mint fragrance. 
Have you tried Aussie products? Do you like them or do they not work for you? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment